Yoon appoints new defense, culture ministers without parliamentary confirmation
时间:2023-12-02 03:11:35 出处:예술阅读（143）
President Yoon Suk Yeol approved the appointments of new Defense Minister Shin Won-sik and new Culture Minister Yoo In-chon on Saturday, the presidential office said.
Shin, a lawmaker of the ruling People Power Party and a former vice chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, was nominated by Yoon last month. He replaced Defense Minister Lee Jong-sup who offered to resign amid the main opposition Democratic Party's push to impeach him over his handling of a military investigation into a young Marine's death.
Yoo, special presidential adviser for culture and sports, will replace Minister of Culture, Sports and Tourism Park Bo-kyoon.
Yoo had served as the first culture minister for former President Lee Myung-bak from 2008 to 2011.
The two were not confirmed by the National Assembly, but the presidential office said Yoon approved their appointments as the new ministers need time to prepare for the annual parliamentary audit set to kick off Tuesday. (Yonhap)
- [Herald Review] ‘Single in Seoul’ a bland rom
- FM makes final pitch for World Expo 2030 in France
- "I am..." meme latest to go viral in bizarre saga surrounding fencing star
- N. Korea vows military action after US missile test
- "조선의 샛별 여장군, 세계가 우러러 볼것"…北, 김주애도 우상화
- Blinken redoubles calls for humanitarian pause in Israel
- [From the Scene] Samsung bets big on package substrates for future chips
- South Korea lining up banks to help finance $22 billion arms sale to Poland
- Hanwha Ocean developing submarine stealth technology